How do I spell that?
We're called Mielie Mailer right. If you're from South Africa, the name makes sense - a mailer made from mielies.
But, our tagline is "a humble shipping mailer with one sole purpose - to help humans make better choices for themselves and for the planet". We didn't just say South Africans and we didn't only say South Africa. We're a global brand with a global purpose.
Which leads us to these next two points:
1) most of the world has no idea what a mielie is and so our name is 'lost in translation' and 2) mielie is quite difficult to spell (we still get it wrong sometimes). To combat these shortcomings, here is a list of spelling and name alternatives:
- corn mailer
- sweet corn mailer (maybe)
- maize mailer
- ear of corn mailer (probably not)
- corn of cob mailer (definitely not)
- popcorn mailer (like it)
- millie mailer
- milie mailer
- mealie mailer
- maelie mailer
- meilie mailer
- miellie mailer
- mielie bag (a common alternative)